CA-360Q Kit System Accessories
- CA-360Q Kit System
- Rechargeable backup batteries
- Alert for deaf and blind
- SOS Emergency Help
- Portable Remote Receiver
- Storm Alert Sensor
- Motion Detector
- Lamp Flasher Signaler
- Cell Phone Sensor
- Hanging Door Knocking Sensor
- Extra Doorbell
- Door Knocking Sensor
- Bed Shaker
- Baby Cry Sensor
- Fire Alarm Sensor
- Power Adapter
New Home Alert System - CentralAlert™ Signaler
Stay safe and connected at home, Get instant alerts for household sounds and alarms.
- PRACTICAL; The CA-360Q home alert system features a wireless doorbell for home use as well as a bed shaker; What’s more, this remote doorbell unit also features a flashing notification light so you can be alerted of the wireless bell when someone’s at your door even if you can’t hear the loud doorbell ringing.
- PORTABLE; More than just bed alarms for elderly people and a wireless doorbell chime, the CA-360Q home alert unit is rechargeable and fully portable throughout the home; Use it as a bedroom doorbell when you’re in your room and then take your portable doorbell out to the yard; Never miss another package delivery again no matter where you are in your home, with our remote bell for elderly and hard of hearing people.
- VERSATILE; Not just a hearing impaired doorbell, this home alert unit can connect to a number of wireless alert sensors, transforming it into a smart information hub for your home; The
CA-360Q emergency alert system for seniors and hard of hearing connects to NOAA warning systems, smoke and gas sensors, baby monitors and more.
- PROFESSIONAL; The SEREONIC hard of hearing and deaf doorbell alert system has been developed by hundreds of hours of research in consultation with leading audiologists and emergency specialists; This integrated home alert system and doorbell for hearing impaired people puts your safety and peace of mind first.
- Various sensors alert you to your alarm clock ringing, doorbell or knocking, phone/fax calls, Smoke/CO and other audio alarms, baby cry, weather alerts, motion detectors, and more.*
- Responds to virtually any audio alarm, including T3 or T4 tones.*
- Wireless standard 2.4 GHz transmission technology ensures interference-free operation.
- 150-foot radius operating range covers every corner of your home.
- Pleasant-sounding, adjustable, high-volume audible alerts.
- Highly visible icons that identify which sound has activated can be seen from afar.
- Large, glowing clock face for easy viewing; brightness dims automatically at bedtime to support healthy sleep.
- With dual alarm settings and bed shaker connections, the alarm clock is easily configured for couples.
- Battery backup provides full operation up to 7 days in case of power outage (Battery not included).
- Numerous accessories available for customization to meet any need.
*Accessories (sold separately) may be required for some of these functions.
Technology................................2.4 GHz Smart-Code
Phone Ringing Input...................>40 vrms, 20 to 65 Hz
Phone Jack Type.........................RJ-11
Bed-shaker output jack...............9VDC, 150mA
Alarm/NOAA Input Jack...............Input impedance greater than 5.6K Ohm, 15VDC Max, input (active low).
External Lamp output jack............9VDC, 150mA
Back-up batteries........................4 AA size NiMH batteries (user provided) Recommended >1000mAh capacity
Doorbell battery...........................(CR2032 3-Volt Lithium) Lasts 8-16 months (depending on usage)
AC Adapter output.......................9VDC, 1000mA
Operating temperature.................10 to 30 degrees C
Storage temperature.....................-10 to 40 degrees C
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Q: Must I install batteries in CA-360Q?
A: Batteries are for power outage back-up. The unit works with AC adapter and batteries are optional. It is strongly recommended that you install batteries.
Q: What type of batteries does it need?
A: Please install rechargeable NiMH batteries only. Use of regular or non-rechargeable batteries will cause battery leakage, damage unit and void the product warranty.
Q: What is the battery back-up time on CA-360Q?
A: About 7 days (normal operation, infrequent alerts)
Q: Is it alright to place CA-360Q Master unit on a metal surface?
A: No! Only place it on a non-metallic surface. A metal surface attenuates wireless signal transmission and reduces its operating range.
Q: Is the wireless doorbell water-resistant?
A: Yes, it is water resistant because it is protected with a rubber gasket. However, do not submerge in water.
Q: How long does the doorbell battery last?
A: About 8 to 16 months (depends on how often you used it). Replace battery when its transmit indicator becomes dim or if its operation becomes less consistent.
Q: How many doorbell units can my CA-360Q system support?
A: It can support a total of 4 units in any combination of doorbell (Model CA-DB), and door knock sensor (Model CA-DX).
Q: How about other accessories?
A: Refer to the table in the “Adding Wireless Sensors”. The system can support up to 10 Remote-Receivers (CA-RX), 10 Personal pagers (CA-PX), 10 audio sensors (CA-AX), 4 SOS pendants (CA-SOS), 3 Baby-Sound sensors (CA-BX), 1 Cell-phone sensor (CA-CX), and 1 NOAA sensor (CA-NOAA)
Q: I just bought an extra doorbell for my CA-360Q system, but it did not work. What do I need to do?
A: All new accessory devices must be learned or registered by a CA-360Q master-unit before they can work or be recognized.
Q: I bought four CA-360Q systems for my home. Can I combine them into a single system?
A: Yes, you can. You need to convert three of the CA-360Q units from “Master” Unit into a “Remote-Receiver” so they can be learned (or registered) into the “Master” Unit.
Q: How do I reset accessory's low battery icon on CA-360Q?
A: Press the RESET button for 6 seconds. This is only temporary. The low battery icon will appear again when the next accessory low battery signal is received.
Q: What caused this accessory's low battery icon to show?
A: This message is associated with registered sensor's battery is either low, or not being turned on, or it may be placed too far from CA-360Q. Turn on its power on move the sensor closer to CA-360Q usually solve the issue.
Q: I have difficulty in registering an accessory to my CA-360Q system. What should I do?
A: Make sure the CA-360Q is in pairing mode first, and you press the test button on the accessory for at least 6 seconds when registering, until you hear CA-360Q sounds and display the confirmation.
Q: I have a large home, can I use two or more CA-360Q to increase coverage area?
A: Yes, CA-360Q and remote receivers has built-in repeater functions. Each unit can relay the signal it received to the next unit. This greatly increases effective coverage area.
Q: Why is my CA-360Q displays “AX-0” ?
A: Your CA-360Q has enabled the “General CA-AX alerts” function. It has detected a nearby CA-AX sensor signal not part of its own. Refer to earlier section on general CA-AX alerts.